At the University of Sheffield we started a reading group in Political Ecology. The meetings are hosted by SIID, the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
On this website you find an overview with the dates of the meetings, the subjects and the literature we discuss. If you are interested in joining the email list, or to come to Sheffield to present a (draft) paper you would like to get feedback on, please get in touch.
All meetings are on Wednesday’s from 2 till 3.30pm – on the 4th floor meeting room ICOSS building (apart from 19th April which is 3rd floor)
- 5 April 2017: Feminist political ecology
- 19 April 2017: Dempsey and Chiu Suarez article (2016) “Arrested development? The Promises and Paradoxes of “Selling Nature to Save It”, Annals of the American Association of Geographers, 106:3, 653-67.
- 10 May 2017: Mock viva of James W. Heydon PhD on ‘Environmental victimisation’
- 24 May 2017: Adeniyi Asiyanbi (SOAS) will present about his work on political ecologies of REDD+ in Nigeria
- 7 June 2017: Literature and debate about de-growth, see recent special issue on the subject; and book; about the book; and some sections from the book.
- 21 June 2017: Open for suggestions!